Graduation Day


Yesterday was my convocation.
It was a beautiful day, and dressed in our robes, we all hustled up on stage to receive our well deserved honours. I was fortunate to have my parents and my little peanut there to cheer me on. And it turns out my little sis came down as well, which meant alot since she would've had to drive for 2 hours, than sit and watch for 2 hours, then go back home - another 2 hours. She left before I could see her, totally understandable. But left me this, the graduated chicken!!
It's really cute!

So out of a class of, I think 38 officially were registered at the beginning, about 15 of us made it thru. Seeing as not only am I a bit older than most (my 37th birthday is in 10 days!) but I am also a single mom, and this course was tough, I am extremely proud of myself.

When I went up on stage I could hear a cute little "Mommy" in the crowd! It made me smile, you know that smile that just envelopes your whole heart, and warms you from the inside out? This program actually meant more to me than my 5 year degree. I think because of where I am at in this stage of my life, and I have a much greater sense of accomplishment. Or it could be that I got my degree so long ago, I just can't remember, lol! I never went to my other graduation, so I didn't really know what to expect. Really a whole lotta waiting for a quick trip up the stage. But it was worth it. One of those really fast moments that happen in slow-motion. We never got caps though, and I felt cheated. Really wanted to move the tassel from one side to the next, and throw it up in the air. Do they only do that on T.V.?

No real photos of the "event" but I took a few afterwards as I don't wear a dress that often, and my little peanut looked like a princess. Maybe I'll get those photos they send you in the mail from the stock photographer.




Have a great weekend! I know we will...

Comments

Shayna said…
Congratulations!! Love the photos - your daughter is beautiful!
alicia said…
Aw, so happy for you. I am also 37 and tried to go back to school 2 years ago and had to drop out. It was too much with the kids. I understand what it must have taken to finish. Great job. And beautiful pics to treasure.
Congrats my lady...just graduated in November 2009 after going back in my late 20s, it's awesome isn't it?

Beautiful photos, your daughter is your mirror, gorgeous.
Carly said…
congratulations! It must have melted your heart to hear the pride in your daughters voice as you walked across stage!
Dawn/grandawn said…
Your little peanut is a doll! What program did you graduate from (not a preposition-heeheehee?) I was in my 40's when I went to school for two years as a single mother to finish my bachelor's degree. I know how difficult that is. You go, girl! Love, love, love the chicken!! (I found your blog when you clicked to follow my blog. Thank you!)
Jody said…
You must be soooooo proud! Enjoy it. I would've demanded a cap!!!
Kelly said…
Thanx everyone. I graduated from the Natural Resources Law Enforcement Program. Yes Jody, should've demanded a cap!!!
Holly Renee said…
I can't say congratulations enough! I am so inspired by you. Those pictures melt my heart. I absolutely love that she said a little, "Mommy," as you walked on the stage. Beautiful!
Pam said…
First of all, Congratulations! What a happy time in your and your daughter's life. YEAH for you guys! You're still so very young...how exciting to see the adventures ahead. BRAVO! Pam @ Sallygoodin
Charlotte said…
Beautiful pictures, and CONGRATULATIONS! You must feel so proud of your accomplishment :) Found you through Blog Frog!
Kimberly Walker said…
Congrats!
I never finished college... went for graphic design. I should have become a vet... guess it's never too late!
La Alex said…
Congrats!!! Happy week too!

Love,
Zaffiro
Danie Marie said…
Thanks for adding me as your BFF, and congratulations on your accomplishment, Kelly. Your daughter is beautiful and you sound like a wonderful mom. :)
Cori said…
Congratulations Kelly on graduating! I'm in college, as well, and envy you being done! I'm 2 years away and feel like i'll never be done! I wish you all the best! Oh and your daughter is adorable!!

I came across your blog from my community on blogfrog! Wanted to stop by and say hi!
Silicone Life said…
You have a beautiful daughter and I like this blog. Nice layout. Easy to read...There I followed you!

Good Luck!
Congratulations big time. Everything's harder as a single parent, so for you to accomplish this, too, is wonderful.
Anonymous said…
It's late I know...

Congratulations! I always knew that you would get through that program, and I know what you went through to do it. Just shows how strong (both mentally and physically) you really are.
Wish I could have been there, but things didn't work out as planned.
Go Team Awesome!
Suzie Q said…
Way to go Kelly!! I am so VERY proud of you. Doing this with everything you had going on, is truly amazing!!!

Popular Posts