Lemonade with Laughing Gas

When life throws you lemons, sometimes you must make it into lemonade with a shot of laughing gas!

It's nothing new that life isn't always what or how we expect it to be. Nor do we always end up where we would like to be sometimes. Just when I feel like getting down in the fetal position, or sticking my head under the covers for a month, I like to remember that I am in the driver's seat of my life. I think often we are just along for the ride, without a map or destination. Which, by the way, isn't a bad thing...and is often how I choose to roll - I am a fly by my seat of my pants kinda gal, afterall :) But I believe we are in charge of our own destinies.


I believe that things happen for a reason, although we don't always know the reason at the time. Every now and again we need a little wake up call in our lives, sometimes a whisper, sometimes a slap upside the head, to keep us on our path.

It's at these moments that we have to make lemonade that emits laughing gas from the lemons we are given :)

I will leave you with one of my favourite quotes from the movie Hope Floats:

"Beginnings are scary. Endings are usually sad, but it's what's in the middle that counts. So, when you find yourself at the beginning, just give hope a chance to float up. And it will."

So if you see me standing looking funny and squinting...I am just waiting for my hope to float on up :)


Comments

Tisha said…
Lovely post Kelly. Simple and well said. Thanks!
Romesh said…
yaa...thats life.
U will never know whats next!
Great post.
gianna said…
If you think things happen in our lives for a reason, do you think that there is someone in control of the why things happen?
Nice to meet you!
Kim Mailhot said…
This is an awesome hope-filled post ! So glad to have found your Creative Self at Boot Camp.
See you again soon !
Angie said…
I like this post. Very thought provoking.
Erin Honestly said…
This is exactly what I needed to read today. So very well said, Kelly!
I hear ya sister! I had one of those days this week. I felt like I couldn't shake it for 24 hours. Nothing was making it go away, and then I slept it off and a few days later,,,,it passed, or hope floated up...
Liz said…
I see now why that's one of your favorite movie lines. :) I know a few people who need more of a swift kick in the ass along with a slap upside the head.
Great post. I believe the same as you.

My blog is all about the lesson I learn from life everyday because I believe all happens for a reason.

(Got to you through scrubby's blog)
Jenn said…
This is a great point! Sometimes it's hard to remember but eventually hope does float up...if you allow it to rise.

Thanks for stopping by my BFF community. Have a great day!!!
Anonymous said…
Very uplifting & inspirational! I always try to tell people that no matter how bad something may seem today, there will always be something tomorrow that will make you smile again!

Hard to always believe it, but it's far better to drink the lemonade than to drown in it!
Unknown said…
Agree with hope floating up, although sometimes you have to make your own hope just as you might make lemonade from lemons. If you see what I mean.
Ofthesea said…
I thought if life gave you lemons you brought some tequila and salt... but you totally one-upped me with laughing gas!
Hang in there! :)

Popular Posts