Summer Swimming Solace


On these hot summer days, there's nothing better than hanging out at the pool... thanx Gramma & Grampa!!

Watching the peanut gain some confidence in the pool, and building up to even jumping off edge by herself (with Mommy catching her) is quite amazing. Watching kids learn and try and grow, is like watching puppies play, I can do it for hours on end.


She has come such a long way from the beginning of the summer, and am truly amazed and all she has accomplished. Yeah, I know, in the scheme of things, not huge steps, but it's these little steps that keep creeping up on me. It's these little steps that make it so you turn around and all of a sudden your baby is crawling, then walking, then running, then talking in sentences.

They weren't kidding when they said that once you have kids you will realize the passing of time...

So I'm gonna go jump in the pool and try to enjoy this little bit of time with my peanut, amid the splashing, and the jumping and the laughing and the growing...

What are you doing this gorgeous summer day?

Comments

Now that you ask...I am pouting as I sit behind my desk.

This is a beautiful post though...have a great time with your peanut.
that pool looks pretty refreshing! i might have to go find one to jump in today! :)
Corine Moore said…
Since you asked... I'm sitting behind a desk, covering for my husband at our Sail Marine store, so he can get some dental work done. I think watching the kids swim sounds like a lot more fun. ;) Your little peanut is a doll! :)

After that, I will be sending out that circle journal in the mail (I hope, if I'm not stuck at work too long). Happy peanut watching! :D
the Tsaritsa said…
Little steps is all it takes, and before you know it she'll be a grown up!
Sarah said…
I've never heard that saying that once you have kids you realize the passing of time. But holy cow is that ever true. Time passes oh so fast and I hate it.

We swim a lot too during the summer. We have to. We live in the desert. I've been watching my kids get a little braver each time we swim. They too have found the wonders of the arm floaties. lol.
Cori said…
Nothing better then swimming on a gorgeous summer day!!

Stop by my blog, I have a Kreativ award to give you :) http://corisbigmouth.blogspot.com/2010/08/kreativ-chaos.html
inactive said…
They ARE all huge steps...Having a child with special needs and taking child development classes made me realise what a big deal EVERY milestone or even little thing they accomplish takes so much work and effort and brain power on their part. It really is amazing when you look at it that way. She is a cutie :)It does fly by...mine are 8 and 12 and I miss having babies sometimes.
Kelly said…
Salma, I hope you can escape your doldrums...
Ruthy Ann, I hope you find one too :)
Corine, glad you are enjoying the creative journey!
the Tsaritsa - hold your tongue - my peanut is going to be 4 forever!!!!
Sarah, yes, she has become so much bolder with them on!
Thanks for the award Cori.
Sherri, like to think she takes after her mom ;)
Michelle Renee, what an amazing way to think of it.
Legacy said…
You never get used to how fast time passes. One minute you're taking pictures of them waiting for the school bus for the first time, then you blink and they're complaining that they need new bras.

I took mine (12 and 14) to an amusement park a few weeks ago, the first time in too long that just the three of us spent the day together doing something fun. For a dozen hours or so, they were little girls again.

Except when I was about to trust our lives to some canvass vests and steel cable and the younger one said, "Don't be scared Daddy. If we can do it you can do it." Or maybe especially then.
Kelly said…
Salma, I hope you can escape your doldrums.
Kelly said…
Ruthy Ann, I hope you find one too :)
Kelly said…
Corine, glad you are enjoying the creative journey!
Kelly said…
the Tsaritsa - hold your tongue - my peanut is going to be 4 forever!!!!
Kelly said…
Sarah, yes, she has become so much bolder with them on!
Kelly said…
Thanks for the award Cori.
Kelly said…
Sherri, like to think she takes after her mom ;)
Kelly said…
Michelle Renee, what an amazing way to think of it.

Popular Posts