Fabric Recycled Flowers

The peanut and I made these cool fabric flowers the other day, and I promised you all the tutorial...

I found these gems at Little Treasures and decided that they were perfect for our Pay it Forward Fridays Creative Gifting.

First I found some shirts and pants that the peanut has grown out of...


Second, we cut/ripped it into little 1-2 cm strips of material ...




Then we wrapped the strips around our fingers (we had many strips as we had pieces all different sizes due to the small T-shirt and pants we were working with) ...



When done, take off hand, and wrap a small piece tightly in the middle, then cut the "looped" parts ...



Trim the flower to make it look like a ball, and and "fluff" to make it all uniform and pretty-like :) 



Lastly place a stick in it for the stem (we used small wooden BBQ skewers).



Repeat many times and create a beautiful bouquet :)



And there you have it, an environmentally friendly craft. So everyone put your thinking caps on, because Tomorrow I am hosting a Pay it Forward Blog Hop, where you can showcase all the cool ideas you have come up with for your creative gifting. Where you will have to reduce, reuse, recycle something and turn it into an amazing gift for someone who least expects it.

The peanut & I had a friend whose mother had passed away recently, so we sent this bouquet to them.

I can't wait to see what all of you come up with :)  Happy Thursday everyone, and don't forget to join up tomorrow...

Comments

Unknown said…
These are so cute and creative! I love that you used them to brighten someone's dreary day.
Darling! I love these. I'm not generally crafty, but will try this with my daughter. Thanks for the wonderful idea.
Unknown said…
Those are so darling!
Following from bloghop...would love to have you follow back!
http://funfritzfamily.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherri said…
I'm so glad you wrote this post!

We used to make these a lot when I was a kid and I had totally forgotten about it! They were such fun to make...

This weekend I am going to make some of these lovely flowers with my grandgirls! They will have so much fun and will love the project...

THANK YOU Kelly!
alessandra said…
Absolutely love them, and the colors, my favorites!
Jules said…
Oh these are great! I'm going to try this on the weekend, it's suppose to rain and it will be a good project. :D
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Bekki said…
I love this idea! Can't wait to put it to use!
Chelsie said…
Wow! This is the cutest thing ever! I can't wait to try this with the girl a nanny for! What a great idea!
Sonia Valdez said…
Wow, great tutorial - those look so easy to make I would have thought of it. I have to teach my niece!
Maya Kuzman said…
Kelly,
Thank you for linking to my tutorial!
You've made some lovely carnations!
Best,
Maya
Those are just lovely! ^_^
Such a clever idea!!
Madison Sanders said…
What a unique idea! I'll have to bookmark this.
Suzie Q said…
Totally loved these, so doing them with my little girl:)
Kelly said…
I had a good teacher :)
Kelly said…
Thanx, we had so much fun making them!!!
Kelly said…
Really, you made them as a kid, how cool is that? I have never seen them before!! Enjoy your weekend!
Kelly said…
Thanx Julie. We had a lot of fun making them.
Kelly said…
It rained all day here today :( But got caught up on a few things...
Have a great weekend, and enjoy making the flowers, they're addictive!!!
Kelly said…
I think they turned out beautiful :) Hope you enjoy them !
Kelly said…
You will be glad you did, Suzie Q!!

Popular Posts