If Airplanes in the Night Sky were like Shooting Stars...

The Long Weekend is now upon us. Just a couple more days until the start of school, and buses and teachers, and lunch pails and the ABC's take over.

Gonna try and enjoy them. Gonna try to savour them, and gonna try to make 'em last.

Just like the song says, "Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars, I could really use a wish right now...."  I would wish that these days would last forever... and that the Peanut would stay my little girl, well maybe not forever, but just a little while longer...

Here's a video I am sure you will enjoy! The Peanut and her cousins, just obliterating this song, LOL!!! Notice at the end, as I pan to my niece, how she can sleep thru anything :)
Ah, the exuberance of youth...


What would you wish for?

Comments

ofnoconcern said…
I don't care for the song or country music in particular, but I love that little girl's accent.
Kelly said…
Canadians don't have an accent ;)
Stacey Curnow said…
That is an awesome video (and song)! My 5-year-old started kindergarten this week, and I am *really* struggling with wanting to savor those "little boy" moments! Thanks for the sweet post. Take care - Stacey
Kasie said…
yes they do indeed get too big too fast. I wish we had a slow motion button in life, eh? that would be nice.
Corine Moore said…
I love the video! What a sweet memeory that will make for you and your peanut. Isn't technology wonderful? I wish I had a video camera when mine were litte. ;)
Unknown said…
They do get so big so fast but I find that in each new change I adore them even more!
Blessings.
J
www.gfinkfamily.blogspot.com
Beneath the Acacia Tree
helenplusthree said…
I like your post.

Thanks for leading me here with your comment.
I'm glad to hear Maya Angelou appeals to you too.

Helen
Suzie Q said…
Ha ha ha this little video cracked me up!! Thanx for sharing it!
Kelly said…
I know, I am glad my inexpensive point and shoot has it :) She loves watching herself and her cousins :)
Kelly said…
I would like to know who Maya Angelou doesn't appeal to :)
Kelly said…
That song isn't country :) Its actually rap...but the niece and the peanut don;t know that part yet ;)
What are you talking about? Us Canadians don't have an accent!!!!
Kelly said…
I think I might me hitting it all the time !!!
Kelly said…
I am glad you enjoyed it, Miss Suzie Q.
Kelly said…
So very true, I think every new stage is my new favourite stage :)
Kelly said…
Hey Stacey, I am with you on the starting school and wanting to cherish and remain frozen in their little ways. The Peanut is starting to lose some of her cute little pronunciation of things as she is taught the correct way, it makes me a little sad :(

Popular Posts