Challenges

We all face challenges throughout our lifetime.  Some face larger hurdles than others, and of course at different times in our lives we face different kinds of challenges.

I think one of the hardest challenges that we face are the ones that shake us at the core - because it's these challenges that make or break us.  It's these challenges that we struggle to accept a new way of thinking or it challenges our old way of thinking, and we rejoice in the truth that we always knew...

Sometimes it is hard to decipher what the universe is trying to tell us.  Sometimes, it is difficult to make understanding of the crap that is shoveled our way. And perhaps we aren't supposed to. Maybe the whole point of being knocked down, is to just get up, again. Like a reminder to ourselves, and perhaps others, that with the good and the bad, this world is still worth living in - but it isn't always fun. To enjoy the good times when you can, and try not to take them for granted.

My car was recently broken into. And I had stupidly left my purse in there. My ID, a whole lotta money (of which I really can't afford right now) my books and notes for a course (of which I have an exam for today) and the Peanut's toys were all taken. I wasn't the only hit that night, I was but one of a series of cars and sheds that had been broken into. And I am sure I won't be the last.

I admit I spent a little bit of time wondering what exactly the universe was trying to tell me... wondering why this had happened to me... having a bit of a pity party. No doubt pretty BIG suckage regarding the loss - but I had to remind myself of the important things. Me & the Peanut. We are fine, a couple $$ and some toys and books short, but we are still two happy peas in a pod (albeit a little broke pod).

Sometimes you have to let got of the control, in order to gain it back. Once I let it out into the universe,
I realised that it was but a small bump, and I could take it. Somehow, someway I do believe this crazy universe and all that happens in it makes some sorta sense.  Some days I am crazy enough to understand mere glimpses of it. Somedays I am happily baffled. The rest of the time I just try to trust that the universal law knows way more than this gal, and who would want that job anyway? Not I.


So I will put it in a bubble, and blow it away... and make room for some of the good stuff that this life has to offer. Cuz why feed that negative stuff with my awesome energy, when I could be playing in the leaves with my Peanut?

Comments

the mrs said…
Always go with that, Kelly & you'll have peace.
Good Luck in dealing with everything & good luck on your test.
sherristakes said…
Such personal violations/crimes against us can really rock us. Being a victim hurts. And there's nothing to be done about it. It totally sucks that someone hurt you this way. You are a good woman. And you are right.... the most important thing is that you & Peanut are okay. The circumstances of this violation could have been much different and I for one am grateful that they were not. I'm one that tries to find reasons for such crimes... maybe the person who did this was starving and really needed the money to eat. Maybe it was someone so desperate for approval from a group that the act was committed seeking just that. I really hope that it wasn't just some stupid punk kid being a stupid punk kid...but it probably was... I'm sorry this happened to you & Peanut....
Kelly said…
Thanx Mrs. Sometimes it takes me awhile, but I usually figure stuff out, or at least give it up to the universe...
Kelly said…
It shook me more than I thought it would, and it does look like the work of kids.... I will never understand the motivation behind such crimes, hell most crimes... Thanks Sherri for your kind thoughts our way, and all in all, we are fine, and that IS the most important thing.
Ms Diva said…
I was in a car accident this past weekend because the other driver said he just wasn't paying attention. Really? Who just doesn't pay attention while driving at night?!!!! I am so sorry about your break-in!! You are a better person then I because you can release it! Being Italian, I hold grudges!!! Heavy heavy sigh!!
Kelly said…
I am sorry Ms Diva, hopefully you weren't hurt? Releasing things aren't always easy, but if you don't the other person has control over how you feel, and I like to be free....or as free as I can to spread my wings.... don't want no one to hold me down anymore...
Info said…
Ace the test and keep blowin those bubbles, I LOVE YOU! I MISS YOU!

Monique
Ann said…
Great post Kelly - keep that positive outlook :)
fdgtgrl said…
Hang in there ...
Like you said this is nothing: you guys were not implicated, hurt ... And this is just material things much so replaceable.
And again quoting you, what doesn't brake you make you stronger ...
You live, you learn ... Just count your blessings, disregard the rest ...

Until next post, take care.
BM said…
I'm always searching too, why ? why me? why now.. it's good advise I'll try that . put it in a bubble and blow it away.. :) thank you for your words.
Connie-Island Buzzy said…
As tough as this is...especially the violation factor, I applaud your spirit. In this wonderful universe there is the negative that tries to knock us down, but we can beat it with love and a positive outlook...here is a good wish for you and peanut to be blessed back big time!
Kelly said…
Thanx Connie. Sometimes it helps to remember how truly blessed we really are. And I am blessed and thankful to have such great bloggy friends sending me good wishes :) Take that all you negative vibes!!!
Kelly said…
Yep, bubble blowing can be very cathartic :)
Suzie Q said…
Your tenacity inspires me, Kelly :)
Amy said…
You have such a AWESOME Attitude! The world needs more people like you! Love how positive you are about life!
Kelly said…
Boy, I am one smart cookie eh?
Kelly said…
Thanx Ann, I appreciate the cheering squad :)
Kelly said…
I love you too girly :) One day we will live closer... In the meantime I will bask in the knowledge that I have the coolest friends :)
Kelly said…
It doesn't always start out amazing, but it eventually gets there :)
Kelly said…
As does yours, Miss Suzie Q :)
Legacy2000 said…
Sorry to hear about your misfortune and glad to see you put it in perspective. Sometimes we have a hard time doing that. Thanks for reminding us (me) that as long as long as our loved ones and ourselves are fine, the bumps won't matter at the end of the day, even if it sometimes seems like a very long day.
Kelly said…
Yes, very LONG days are sometimes hard to put into perspective - but often made easier with hugs and Peanut smiles!!!
Hi Kelly,
I empathize with your situation in getting your car broken into and purse stolen. It is hard to think why the universe would want them to happen. I think some random things happen as well, just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. But all you can do is try to deal with it in a mature and positive way, as you have. Thanks for the insights. I'm a new member of your community. Melanie.

Popular Posts