Healthy Halloween Skeleton Veggie Tray

The Super-Peanut had a Halloween Party today, and I was struggling with what to bring... Knowing that there would be tons of chocolaty treats, I opted for a healthier snack. Not that I am against chocolate in the slightest, I just figured it might be nice to have some other food groups covered.


I found this cute idea on the Kraft Canada website. His head is a bowl of Ranch dressing (trans-fat free, I might add)!  I thought it was cute, and although Mr. Veggie Skeleton was only half eaten, yes the cupcakes and cookies won out in the end, I know the Peanut and I had fun making it :)

And of course, here's the Super Peanut taking a photo op before her party...

Comments

Kellie said…
That tray would go over so well with the adult Halloween parties. You know those lovely pieces of chocolate sound good but they never look good when they rest on your behind LOL Pass me some skeleton any day of the week hee hee
Pepperbird said…
That is the cutest thing ever!!! So is your daughter.
Kelly said…
Thanx :) It was a hit to look at, the kids thought it was neat, and at least some of the kids ate some, LOL... but the cupcakes were all gone ...
That is great. My daughter will love this!
Varunner7 said…
Oh, what a fun snack! And she looks great in her costume ;-)
Kelly said…
My little supergirl, is pretty super!!!
Kelly said…
It's fun figuring out which veggies should go where :) Mine had super long arms, LOL!!!
Chaplaindonna said…
That snack really looks yummy! How did the kids do?
Kelly said…
Well, The kids loved it, thought it was very cool - and half was eaten... the chocolate and cupcakes won out in the end :(
Debbie Barker said…
Love it!! Guess what I am taking to work on Friday?!
http://johnanddebinlove.blogspot.com/
Tredart said…
Okay, that is super cute. Stealing it for our halloween party. (and your daughter is adorable!)
Kelly said…
Hopefully not a super girl ;) LOL! You could even use fruit - the ideas are endless...
Kelly said…
Steal away, I stole it from the Kraft site!!! And no - you can't steal my Super Peanut - at least not until the teenage years!! ANd thank you, I think she is pretty cute, myself :) SHe takes after her Mom ;)
Kelly said…
Yeah, I hear you, I could use some skeleton too :)
Anonymous said…
found your site on del.icio.us today and really liked it.. i bookmarked it and will be back to check it out some more later
Anonymous said…
If you could e-mail me with a few suggestions on just how you made your blog look this excellent, I would be grateful.

Popular Posts