Spooky Wreaths

The Peanut and I decided to make some spooky wreaths today.


Here’s what you need, a wire hanger, 3 feathered boas, some old clothes (or cheap material), eye balls, glue gun, and glitter glue.

First you take a wire hanger and bend so that it is in the form of a circle - or wreath.



Next I took some old clothes that the Peanut had grown out of and wrapped them around the wire frame so that it was thicker, and I used the hot glue gun to secure it in place. ( I am all about using what I have on hand, or around the house!)




I then wrapped the wreath form with three black feathered boas (securing with the hot glue gun, as I wrapped them). The Peanut then used them as a prop...



I then took the eye balls that I bought at the $$ store (could also use ping pong balls) and using some blue and silver glitter glue, I accentuated the eyeballs and made them all sparkly-like!! Using some packing tape, I stuck them on the table for them to dry (they took a long time)!


I then hot glued these sparkly eyeballs on to my now so chic, wreath.  And voila - we absolutely love it!!


I think this might be my favourite Halloween decoration - YET!!

Comments

MelissaBee said…
This is so adorable! I'm definitely about to go dig through old clothes and attempt this!
Thanks so much for sharing :)
Kelly said…
It really is quite easy and I am so pleased with the results :) I found the boas at the $$ Store, too, so it was quite inexpensive!!
Jenn said…
Excellent wreath! Love it.
theTsaritsa said…
That's really cute and looks pretty easy to make! What a fun idea :)
Kelly said…
Yep, tres chic, spooky and easy, my kinda craft!!!!
Amy said…
That's AWESOME! Very Cool.......wish I had the creativity you have!
Kelly said…
Thanx, there are so many creative people and places I can't help but to be inspired :)
Suzie Q said…
I think this may be the coolest Halloween project I have ever seen!!!
Kelly said…
Thanx - we're kinda partial to it too :)
Kelly said…
I really think it turned out well, we are very pleased. Will be hanging with pride for many years to come...

Popular Posts