Thanksgiving Memories

I love long weekends - but really, who doesn't? And Thanksgiving weekends hold a special place in my heart, as they serve to remind us of all that we are thankful for.

I was fortunate enough to have two delicious Thanksgiving dinners this weekend. One was put on by one of my dear friends, Priscilla, who cooked us a delicious Chinese meal that left us all satiated and happy. I am grateful for these good friends. We met at school, and actually met at a very pivotal point in my life. They may not be aware of it, but after dealing with a tremendous amount of negativity and well, plain old hell - these people became part of the light that entered my world. I am truly grateful to have made their acquaintance, and since I don't believe in coincidences, they were part of my divine plan. Better yet then simply meeting them, we have remained friends and an evening of laughs, good food and of course the 'laugh till we cried' stories - was exactly what I needed. Thank you.

Last night was our family Thanksgiving dinner, and nothing can beat our traditional T-ball game. Gramma you rock! I even managed to hit a homer or two :) There is just something about the comfort of family and the presence of loved ones. And we can't forget the good food - my mother never lets us down, there. And my sister's baking, as usual, finished it off. A few MIA family members were deeply missed, but with us in spirit. The beauty of this holiday is to genuinely appreciate each other and take note of all the things in which we are truly thankful for. Just seems to melt away everything else...

Comments

Jilted Ballerina said…
It's the little things in life such as precious moments spent with family and friends that most people don't appreciate let alone are thankful for. You are such a beautiful person. I'm thankful I met you :-)
Kelly said…
The feeling is mutual Miss Jilted :) I cannot wait to get my hands on your journal!!!!!
Nicole said…
Happy Thanksgiving to you!! (sorry I'm late)
Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving!! Glad you had a good time with friends and family!
Kelly said…
We totally did!! You're not late, its a long weekend!!!!
Pris said…
Hugs and Kisses!
Kelly said…
Right back at ya!!! Delicious meal, Pris :) Thanx again!! I will host the nest one!!!
Ann said…
That sounds great - happy TG fellow Canadian :-D I spent time with my family up north, and gave thanks three days in a row for mom's hoooooome cooking! Dee-lish! Instead of the traditional turkey, mom's gotten into the habit of making lasagna which pleases me to no end. Yesterday we had dinner with family friends and they went all out - I left feeling like a stuffed turkey myself. Gobble gobble ;-)
Suzie Q said…
Mine was a little lonesome - but will have another when my little one gets back :) Happy Belated Thanksgiving Kelly, you sound as if you had a great one!!!
Kelly said…
It sounds as though you had a great weekend as well!!! Gobble gobble!!!!
Kelly said…
It sucks to be alone on holidays. When that happens to me, I just try and remember that it is merely a designated calendar day - so I just designate another one :)
Anonymous said…
Hi there!! Happy Thanksgiving!. !! :) :) :) :)
Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and each year I like to get into the mood-extend the holiday, since it were-by reading "Thanksgiving novels." And in addition, these stories are mostly about families, about coming together to heal old hurts and giving thanks for the gift of love. ... . :
Are You Currently Better Off Today Than You Were 3 Years Ago?

Popular Posts