Swings and Cotton Candy don't Mix

Do you remember that feeling of flying through the air? Remember that butterfly feeling in the middle of your stomach as the rides zipped and twirled you around? I used to love that feeling. Actually scratch that. When you go back to the very beginning, I used to get motion sickness on everything - including swings. I used to throw up on the bus almost every morning on the way to school. Not fun. I used to have to bring a change of clothes in my backpack because of that.


Somewhere after the first few years of school, it just stopped. In highschool there wasn't a roller coaster around that could tame me. The more they threw me around - the better. Standing up, upside down, loop-T-loops, there was nothing I wouldn't try and love. My two favourite (non-coaster) rides were the tilt-a-whirl and the swings. I could have sat on those swings, losing my shoes time and again, all day long.

The Peanut feels the same way. This was her first swing on the swings, and she had a smile plastered on her face the whole time!! The funny thing is, I think I have come full circle. I really did not enjoy that ride. There was something just unpleasantly static about it that had a whole gross feeling in my tummy going on. And that beloved cotton candy, that, let's face it, is a must have - was NOT sitting right.

The roller coasters - hey, I still love those. The tilt-a-whirl too. But there was just something so damn unsettling about those swings, and I am not sure why...

Please say it's not because I am getting older. No, it can't be. Whatever the reason, the swings now leave me with a horrible feeling. Not cool. And the normal swings - not so much fun either. Very strange. Very strange indeed.

At least those swings are a one seater deal, and the roller coaster's still lure me into their lair with their winding and climbing and dropping, and the Peanut and I can enjoy those together :)

What's your favourite ride? Has it changed over the years?

Comments

Ms Diva said…
Ohhhh! I cannot do those swings!!! I can barely do rollercoasters! However, with me it is NOT an age thing because I have never liked roller coasters and the rides at fairs - no way!!!!!!
Kelly said…
It's funny how they used to be my favourite... I wonder if it's an equilibrium thing? Ms. Diva what's your favourite roller coaster?
SandboxGems said…
I hate to say it but it might be a fact of getting older. At least for me, I used to ride roller coasters and now I can't be dragged onto them. (Could be the back issues I have been having for the last few years too) Now I love all the virtual rides. I can do those all day long.
SandboxGems said…
Virtual rides are those where you watch the screen and feel like you are on something but your just in a seat. Like Imax shows or the Spiderman ride at Islands of Adventure. Universal Studios in Orlando has a bunch of them too. Simpsons is one. I loved it!
Kelly said…
Oh. I don't think I have ever been on any of those...
Kelly said…
No - say it ain't so !!!!! Well, at least for now I can still enjoy the coasters :) What are virtual rides?

Popular Posts