Deck the Halls...

I love Christmas. I love the spirit that it instills in people, love the "giving" aspect of the season (not to be confused with the commercialization of the Holiday Season), love the tree and the food, and the togetherness of friends and family. And I especially love all of the Christmas decorations and decking the halls (and other places) with greenery and festive cheer!

Speaking of decking the halls; I bought this really cheap garland and have decorated it and trimmed it with lights - and I just love the way that it twinkles.


I started out with the faux fir garland, tied different types of ribbon around in at varying intervals.


Tied, wired and glued different ornaments from glittery stars to shiny balls throughout. This adds varying colours, shapes and textures which is so pleasing to the eye. I even included some jingle bells, holly pine cones, nuts and fake poinsettias and berries.


Last, I wrapped it with lights - and voila... what a beautiful, festive sight, up my banister and along my kitchen archway.

My favourite time is sitting at night with just the Christmas lights on, drinking tea or hot cocoa. Just enjoying some quiet time, and basking in the nice, warm glow of the lights.

Next up, the tree... have you got yours up yet?

Comments

Debbie Barker said…
Great Job - beautiful! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas!
http://johnanddebinlove.blogspot.com/
Anonymous said…
I’ve recently started a blog, the information you provide on this site has helped me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.
Kelly said…
Thank you....they look so beautiful all lit up :)
Suzie Q said…
Gorgeous!!! The store bought ones are so expensive, I never thought to make my own, thanks!
Kelly said…
Glad I could help, and this way not only are they inexpensive-but you can make them how you want them!

Popular Posts