Today...



Today I decided to get up with a smile on my face.

Today I decided to have orange juice for breakfast with some delicious scrambled eggs.

Today I decided I was going to get all (or at least most) of the things on my TO DO list done.

Today I decided that I would workout with my weights that are collecting dust.

Today I decided to finish at least one of my empty canvases.

Today I decided to sit down and tackle all my paper work which is slowly becoming quite a large teetering pile.

Today I will dance with reckless abandon, as I have forgotten to do so in a while.

Today I will call a friend that I have not talked to in a very long time.

Today I will choose to face the challenges that await me.

Today I will take a deep breath (or as deep as a can) despite the possibilities of another set of broken ribs.

Today I am thankful that I am alive, and celebrate it.  I might even put on a dress and high heel shoes tonight...

Today is always a brand new day, and I marvel at all the possibilities that it holds.

Today's choices are all mine to make, and I relish in that freedom.

Today the choices are yours.  What are you going to do?

Comments

Rdoak03 said…
It is so empowering to have such an attitude, and then to realize that attitude is something we can CHOOSE every day!
Terena Scott said…
today I choose to sit on the couch and watch a movie with a cup of tea, because that's something my body needs to do. Today I choose to listen to her for a change.
Kelly said…
I think that is so important...the listening part. So many times I have gone astray from just not listening :)
Kelly said…
I know, because it is so easy to play the blame game, and and step out of the driver's seat of our own lives. Sometimes I have to forcibly remind myself that I do have control over my own life, and I might as well use it as we only get this one glorious life!!!
All Around Autism said…
Simply marvelous! " Choose to face the challenges that await me " I like that... instead of being fearful of them, choosing to face them with courage is so much better:)
Suzie Q said…
Today I am wanting more than anything for justice to tip the scales...
Kelly said…
Exactly!!! Life without fear!!! Or at least knowing that you are in control of your own destiny!!
Kelly said…
I will jump on that teeter totter with you Miss Suzie Q. !!!!

Popular Posts