Pay it Forward Friday - Take a Minute

I have this song in my head, Take a Minute by K'NAAN, thanx to my lil sis.  But it is a good one, so I'll let it slide...

"And any man who knows a thing knows
He knows not a damn, damn thing at all


And every time I felt the hurt
And I felt the givin' gettin' me up off the wall"



Every now and again someone rises into your consciousness to remind you stuff you already know.  Stuff that you should remember, but the struggle of life gets in the way, and you temporarily forget as you focus on the struggle instead of the solution, and all that you should be grateful for.

There are many perfect lines in this song,

"Dear Africa, you helped me write this
By showing me to give is priceless"

or

"Nothing is perfect man, that's what the world is
All I know is I'm enjoying today
You know 'cause it isn't every day that you get to give"

Couldn't have said it better myself - and you really don't want to hear me sing it!!! So go out into the world and Pay it Forward.

and GIVE.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Comments

Salma said…
beautiful...I love it.
paula devi . said…
Hi Kelly, Stop by my blog and pick up your award!
Kelly said…
It is, isn't it? Hope you had a great weekend back :)
Kelly said…
Wow, I am so touched by the thoughtful words you wrote.  Thank you, Paula Devi.

Popular Posts