And then there was no water....

Well, after weeks of my water pressure slowly dropping (and let me tell you it wasn't amazing to begin with!)... I went to have a shower the other morning before work... and there was no water coming out my shower...

Uggggh.  Kinda like one of the worst nightmares with a new house on a well.  After many opinions of friends and family.  It was time to call in a plumber...

So back up to the house when we bought it.  Some people just do some very interesting things to their systems.  We found that out while we were doing renovations.  Interesting, and often quite funny ways to jimmy-rig things :)

My well fell into that category.  But it worked.  Water came out when I turned the tap (after a friend of mine replaced all the indoor plumbing - that is!)  But for whatever reasons, the pump and the tank looked like they had been literally thrown down the well.  But as I said, it worked.  So I wasn't going to fix what wasn't broken - not after all the renovations I just finished doing...

Kinda hoping it would last me till next spring... but I am choosing to look at it as a blessing in disguise - better now than in the middle of winter.  Better to take out a loan - UGHHHH - and get it done right, and feel better about it.  Better that than finding out my well was dry - YUCK - that woulda totally sucked!!

So that's where we're at.  No water.  Waiting for my plumber to fit us in and get my well system overhauled....

Comments

Popular Posts