Remember when a fort was the evil mastermind's lair and a twist tie was a super-duper-spy-decoder ring?









Oh, to be a child again, and have the ability to turn pillows into spaceships, and cousins into horses and unicorns, or freeze the world with a flick of a magic wand. Another weekend is coming to a close, and this one was action packed! We were busy making jewelry, park seeking, treasure hunting, bike riding, princess dress-up, fantabulous fort erecting, designing sidewalk chalk art, card making and at last our HUGe canvas masterpiece. The girls had so much fun, and I was reminiscing of how me and my sisters used to love to play dress-up. We had this tall, cylindrical wicker basket that my mom kept a whole bunch of neat clothes in (hers from the 50's, 60's & 70's). I can vividly recall a large, to me, pair of bright yellow platform high heeled shoes that I loved wearing. I still haven't mastered the whole high-heel thing, but I still am queen of dress-up. Just ask these girls!! Although my daughter insisted that I needed more bling on my fingers! Sleep-overs, gotta love 'em.

Comments

Claire said…
Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend!! Oh, to be a kid again - all of those great imagination memories...
Thanks for visiting my blog, we love it up in the NWT, and yes the mosquitos are already out, and are huge! The worst are the no-seeums - little black flies - looking forward to insect season!!
Holly Renee said…
Whenever we would get a big box I would turn it into a spaceship and play it in for hours. Seriously hours. I love how much imagination children have. It looks like you guys had so much fun!
Texasholly said…
Awesomeness. LOVE the art.
Kelly said…
We did have a wonderful weekend, all of us girlz!!! I got to be cool Aunt as well as cool mom, lol!
Cathy said…
Did you hang up your masterpiece? I absolutely LOVE it! It is beautiful!
Anonymous said…
nice article, keep the posts coming

Popular Posts