My Little Photographer



Some might laugh about giving a 4 yr old a Sony camera. I look at it, as an investment in her creative future. For according to me, she takes better (more artistically and visually pleasing) photographs, than a lot of grown ups I know. It gives her another venue to explore the way she sees the world, and in turn, maybe offers me a little insight into hers.


She really gets into her work too, placing and styling her subjects (more often than not, her stuffed animals), using mommy's tripod and timer feature to take photos of herself...and a lot of photos of her feet. These I like. I am not sure where her feet fascination came from, but there is always photos upon photos of her feet, god bless her!




I love this photo she took of our dog, another of my favs.


I guess its plain to see that I am her biggest fan, and there ain't nothing wrong with that!!!


Comments

Sarah said…
I love the child-perspective on all these pics! Awesome!
Big Mama Cass said…
Those are fantastic!!! I don't think it's crazy. I let my two year old take pictures with my point and click Canon all the time. He will surely have his own camera by his 4th birthday! :)
Big Mama Cass said…
btw... what font did you use to write "my little photographer" on the 2nd picture?
Kelly said…
Thanx guys!
Big Mama Cass, I used Ali Edwards free font, for personal use. You can download it here
Betsy said…
I love the feet!
Holly Renee said…
She is just as good as me! I love that you gave her the camera. I really think it's amazing. She could grow up to be a famous photographer. And if not, I still truly think she will have appreciation for photography and much more artistic creativity.
Cori said…
First off, I love your daughter's photos, so cute! But I really love how you added text to them! Made an 'ordinary' not perfect, child's photo of random items into a work of art!!

Love all your font choices!!
I think she has what it takes! Hey there from your new friend over here from Blog Frog. Love your cute blog. I also was a single mom, for 6 years. You can do it! Seems you are already doing a great job with your little cutie. Have a great week!
my daughter has always grabbed my photo and taken photos. The angles get more wierd as she gets older, she's 12 now. I'm glad she takes photos because if I was going to take her photo then she'd fuss. Not that I and others don't take photos too. I just love what kids find facinating. On my birthday, last October, she took a picture of our feet. I thought taht was a fun idea...she said she was bored. We were at Disneyland walking from the tram..when did she have time to be bored? The pictures she took that day were great.
I would love to see a picture of how your mixed vegetable garden turns out. I bet, with the flowers, it's going to be gorgeous.
Suzie Q said…
Love these, perhaps the view through the eyes of a child is a beauty that is underexplored...

Popular Posts