Pay it Forward Fridays - Pay Someone a Visit

Here we are at the end of the week again, funny how that happens...



This Friday I would like you to think of Paying it Forward to somebody who has limited exposure to this world. Someone(s) who perhaps is institutionalized or doesn't get many visitors in life. We all like human contact, even if its brief. And we all like visitors, especially when we are lonely. Nothing like a visit from a good friend or a genuine smile to brighten up your day...

Think the peanut and I are going to make necklaces and go to the hospital, and share our beaded treasures...

I encourage you to give part of yourself, a little of your time, to someone who would totally appreciate it.

Let me know how it went ...

Comments

Jules said…
Can I count yesterday? I spend my Thursdays at the assisted living community with my Grandmother, though I do not limit my visits to her. It brightens everyone's day; her through pride, others through just being noticed and me I just smile a lot. :D

Love your hospital idea. I donate snacks for the ICU waiting room.
Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Mary Nevin said…
beautiful challenge. i'm definitely inspired :)
Corine Moore said…
I never participate in this beacuse I feel strange telling people what service I do. And yet I love to read what others write here, and so I decided to COOPERATE and try to mention just one thing. :)

I (like Jules) will also speak of yesterday - and every Thursday. On Thursdays I volunteer as a Consultant at a local Family History Center. I love knowing that no matter how busy the week goes, at least I am guaranteed the opportunity to serve others on Thursdays. The cool thing is that the wonderful people who I og there to serve, serve me. Some of them come back specifically on Thursdays just to be there while I am there; it makes me feel needed, wanted, loved, appreciated etc. It simply amazes me how the more I try to serve others, the better my life is as a result of it. I love service days!!! :D

Keep up the good work, Kelly and other contributors! :D
What a great idea! You ladies are great inspiration. Although I won't be able to do that this week, I'm definitely going to have something to report this coming week. =)
Sandra Burns said…
http://likechristmaseverysingleday.blogspot.com/2010/08/pay-it-forward-friday.html

Check it out!! This just happened today!!
Karen said…
Great idea and way to share with others! Wee girl & her dance class went to two rest homes to perform the dances they learned this summer...oh so sweet! :>
Kelly said…
I think these are great...thanx for sharing, ladies :)
Suzie Q said…
OH, I need to do something like this with my little one...you are such an inspiration :)

Popular Posts