My Magical Garden Update

If you haven't read about my Magical Garden, you can read about it here and here. I love spending time in my magical place, and have since added many more magical elements to it. I love sitting on my porch at night with the chandelier all lit up in flames, along with all the tea lights and candles scattered about. The peanut and I enjoy watching the fairies dance in the candlelight.

I have also, of course enjoyed many delicious fruits of labour (although in this case veggies).  I have even pickled some of my beans, and my peanut and I are awaiting the carrot pulls, so we can do our favourite - pickled carrots!!! MMMmmm.

Don't you just love snapdragons?

A cute blue gecko with more dancing flames
Even fish live in MY Magical Garden!

Love me some basil

Lettuce and Petunias share in the sunlight!

Candlelight is found throughout my garden to help the fairies light their way!

A rock lantern, a pre-war lantern (used to be great grampa's), and a small mosaic pot in bloom  on my porch.

The majority of the tomatoes are slowly started to ripen, who knew the plants would grow that BIG? Certainly not I. Gave them all a serious haircut, and they look quite spastic! Almost as bad as our dog that I decided needed a trim after downing a bottle of champagne on New Years - but that's another story...

Here are some cherry tomatoes just getting ready to turn yellow...


I have now thoroughly enjoyed and unashamedly gorged 12 yellow and 3 red cherry tomatoes, two large red tomatoes (no idea what kind as the peanut picked them and they had no tags), many green beans, radishes (who knew they grow so fast?), 1 teeny weenie carrot, chives, lots of fresh basil (mmmm love me some basil, I see some homemade pesto in our future), lots of leafy lettuce, and some marigolds (what a beautiful edible garnish!).

Here is my absolute favourite way to eat fresh tomatoes (these are my yellow cherry tomatoes) cut in chunks (halves for cherry kind) drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with feta cheese, topped with ribbons of fresh basil and salt and pepper to taste. MMmmmm. Heaven sent.


What garden fresh things do you like to eat?

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh my goodness... while I'm over making cards, look at you working (and living) in a beautiful garden! I'm so very jealous... it definitely looks magical! :)
Corine Moore said…
I just read (and commented on :) both of the gardening links; can I just say AWESOME! You have totally inspired me to dress up my little garden with some cute little critters! Life should be enjoyed to the fullest with sweet and beautiful things that are fun and add to the joy. Yes sir-ree... you've inspired me. THANKS A MILLION; AND WAY TO GO!!! ;D
Beverly said…
I love growing herbs and cooking with them. one of my favorite garden dishes is a light Italian salad made by layering fresh garden tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, chopped fresh basil (as much or as little as you want).Drizzle with a good extra virgin olive oil,season with salt and pepper. serve immediately.
Yummm...
Scott S. said…
I am so jealous that your garden is looking so good. Our has grown some nice jalapenos and baby cucumbers but your stuff is looking AWESOME. Nice job
Patty Reiser said…
You have a wonderful looking magical garden. I absolutely love the blue gecko. I want one! And I love eating garden fresh red bell peppers. So sweet and juicy!

Celebrate Life and Capture It!
Patty
#SITS
Jenn said…
Awesome garden. I wish mine looked as good right now. The summer sun has fried it all to bits.
Ember said…
I'm your newest follower! I'm already in ♥!! Did you make the pots your plants are in??? LOVE those!
Jules said…
Lovely garden and pictures. I am so envious. Next year I am planning a garden, this year a fish pond. :)
Trying To Get Over The Rainbow
Sarah said…
Your garden looks so lovely and easy to maintain. I've been meaning to start a garden for too long. I think I'll give a go this fall with the kids.

I love yellow tomatoes!
Beachcomber said…
Your garden is lovely. I've been wanting to plant a garden. My hubby is going to make some raised garden beds for me but he hasn't had time so maybe I can get him to make some now so I can plant in the fall.
Kelly said…
Thanx everyone, there are more magical critters, but will leave those for next time...
Beverly I love the Italian salad too, yum!
Ember, yes, I do the mosaics :)
Teachinfourth said…
Pickled carrots? I've never heard of such a thing before, but that doesn't mean that they are not delicious.
Teachinfourth said…
Pickled carrots? I've never heard of such a thing before, but that doesn't mean that they are not delicious.
twitch said…
Mmmmm your basil looks awesome! Ours is struggling from too much rain.
Unknown said…
Loved this walk through your garden! I love garden art....oh and lighting the garden fairies way is so heart warming! Thank you!
Kelly said…
Oh TeachinFourth, you really must try pickled carrots, they are really, really good!!!
Twitch, too bad about your Basil :(
Connie Lou, someone has to :)
Wow you have been busy. Your garden looks great. There is nothing like fresh basil..
Anonymous said…
I would like to exchange links with your site bluefrogslegs.blogspot.com
Is this possible?
Kelly said…
Lucy, no siree, I love basil :)
Anonymous, I am not exactly sure as to what you mean?
rose sterling said…
Your garden looks great and I am jealous of it. The fish and the turtle statue make me feel that your garden is in the underwater world. Lol. Congratulations on the cherry tomatoes!
melanie toy said…
Your enchanted underwater garden looks great! I can’t believe that cherry tomatoes can produce many fruits like yours. I hope that my tomatoes can produce fruits such that. I like to eat some fresh veggie salad and the veggies are all from my garden.
Kelly said…
Lucy, you've got that right! I love my basil :)
Kelly said…
Anonymous, I am not exactly sure as to what you mean?
Kelly said…
Oh TeachinFourth, you really must try pickled carrots, they are really, really good!!!
Kelly said…
Twitch, too bad about your Basil :(
Kelly said…
Connie Lou, someone has to :)

Popular Posts